Log in or Register for enhanced features | Forgotten Password?
White Papers | Suppliers | Events | Report Store | Companies | Dining Club | Videos
Non-alcoholic
Soft Drinks
Return to: DBR Home | Non-alcoholic | Soft Drinks

Refresco Gerber to acquire beverage manufacturer DIS for EUR72m

DBR Staff Writer Published 31 March 2016

Soft drinks bottler Refresco Gerber has entered into an agreement to acquire Dutch beverage manufacturer DIS for €72m, including debt.

Refresco Gerber

With the acquisition, DIS intends to strengthen Refresco Gerber's position in co-packing, boost its innovativeness in the canning category and to further optimize manufacturing footprint and supply chain in Benelux.

The deal will be financed through existing credit facilities and available cash.

Subject to approval of competition authorities, the deal is expected to be completed during the second quarter of 2016.

DIS specializes in filling a wide range of cans with non-alcoholic beverages which include soft drinks and energy drinks.

Additionally, the company also fills beers in cans for regional as well as international brewers. The company, which has 198 employees, operates manufacturing facility in Sittard, the Netherlands.

The company produces around 300 million liters or 800 million cans, out of which 78% is soft drinks and 22% beer.

DIS' co-packing for international brands represents 95% of the volume and the remaining 5% accounts for private label business with European retailers.

DIS CEO Marco Geurten said: "Together we will be in a better position to support our customers' international growth. Refresco Gerber's European platform offers a great opportunity to further develop DIS' co-packing business across Western Europe. I am looking forward to working with our customers, employees and the Refresco Gerber team to take our company to the next level."

Refresco Gerber CEO Hans Roelofs said: "With DIS we take a next step in the execution of our buy & build strategy and enhance our co-packing position in the Netherlands. We also broaden our proposition and capabilities in the filling of cans. DIS' international co-packing concept has been very successful over the years and will be continued and broadened in the Refresco Gerber setting."

Refresco Gerber offers a wide range of product and packaging combinations from 100% fruit juices to carbonated soft drinks and mineral waters in carton, PET, Aseptic PET, cans and glass.


Image: Refresco Gerber offers range of product and packaging combinations from 100% fruit juices. Photo: Courtesy of Refresco Gerber / Richard Sinon.